In the Spotlight
- Join us on May 29! State Library celebrates 120 years as a Federal Depository Library.
- Check out our Sutro Library's new web pages! The new pages are crammed full of great information about the Sutro Library and its amazing collections.
- The State Library will be closed Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day.
- "How Libraries Build Community" by State Librarian Greg Lucas.
- Let's focus California's innovation on public libraries – a message from the State Librarian.
- Governor Brown issues proclamation declaring California Library Week,
April 12–19, 2015.
- It's National Library Week:
We need to focus more of California's innovation and creativity on our public libraries.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: People of the Panama-Pacific International Exposition 1915. A Special Presentation by PPIE Historian and Author Laura Ackley, Wed, April 15, 2015.
- Sutro Library exhibit marks 100th anniversary of Panama Pacific International Exhibition.
- The California State Library in Sacramento and its Sutro branch in San Francisco will be closed on Tuesday, March 31 in honor of Cesar Chavez Day.
- A Night at the State Library Presents Hidden Histories: Asians and Pacific Islanders in the U.S. Civil War, Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Looking for public library statistics? Check out the California Public Library Statistics Portal.
- Press release – CalVet and the California State Library Announce Tulare Public Library Veteran Resource Center Opening.
- The California Research Bureau releases the Short Subject, "Nanotechnology in Society: An Overview."
- The California Research Bureau releases "California State Parks: Implementing Recent Recommendations Regarding Peace Officers".
- The California State Library in collaboration with First 5 California presents A Special Night at the State Library: The Raising of America: Early Childhood and the Future of Our Nation.
- New Exhibit: "Golden Poppies and Scarlet Monkeys." Botanical prints, paintings, and ephemera pay homage to California wildflowers.
- New Exhibit: "Wild Cheers Broke Loose." Check out our great collection of photographs, posters, and books documenting our state's illustrious sports history from the 1850s-1950s.
- The State Library will be closed on Monday, February 16, for Presidents Day.
- A Night at the State Library presents: Building the Central Pacific Railroad: A Photographic Journey.
- Press release: "Governor Culbert Levy Olson – Past, Present and Future: A Statesman Ahead of His Time" – A Special Appreciation By His Granddaughter, Debra Deanne Olson.