Jobs at the California State Library
When you become eligible to work for the state (when you have passed an Open Examination), or if you are a former or current state employee, you can apply for a job at the California State Library. The State Personnel Board lists these jobs for us on their website.
- Current Jobs
- Accounting Officer (Specialist) – Administrative Services / Accounting
- Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor) PC#5002 – Administrative Services / Accounting
- Library Programs Administrator – State Library Services / Administration
- Library Programs Consultant – Library Development Services
- Office Technician (T) – Library Development Services
- Research Program Specialist II – California Research Bureau
- Senior Accounting Officer (Specialist) – Administrative Services / Accounting
- Staff Services Manager II (Supervisory) PC#1043 – Administrative Services Bureau / Human Resources
- Supervising Librarian I – Preservation
- Principal Librarian – State Library Services / Sutro Library
- Volunteer Opportunities at the Library
Currently scheduled examinations:
Click on the title below for more information.
For further information on employment at the California State Library, email email@example.com or call (916) 654-0202.
For general information about careers in the library field go to American Library Association. For more specific information about California library careers go to California Library Association Career Center.
- State Application (STD. 678)
- Application instructions
- California Department of Human Resources – Jobs and Employment Information
- State Civil Service Classification Specifications
- State Civil Service Pay Scales
- Open State Examinations
- Working at the CSL
It is the policy of the State and the California State Library (CSL) to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified job applicants and employees and have a workforce representative of California's diverse population. All efforts to ensure a representative workforce are made on the basis of an individual's merit, efficiency, ability, and fitness consistent with the State civil service and merit system principles and regulations.