State Workforce and Training Resources
"As an employer, we must recognize that our employees are our most valued resource and teach our workforce to work smarter not just harder. Continued education and training needs to be part of every person's job duties. State employees need the opportunity to develop new skills for meeting the challenges of increased workloads and the proliferation of technology in the workplace."
Developing A High Performance 21st Century Workforce
For California Government. 1998.
As California government's primary public research institution, the California State Library supports the information needs of the State training community in its efforts to educate and develop the State workforce. The Library is committed to providing trainers and other workforce leaders with access to an extensive collection, highly skilled staff, positive customer service, and 21st century technology.
- Books and Videos (Online Catalog)
- Training videos (A-Z) (PDF)
- Training videos (By Topic) (PDF)
- FAQ's on Borrowing Training Videos (PDF)
- Civil Service Exam Study Guides (A-Z list) (PDF)
- Library Card Application (PDF)
- Video/DVD Borrowing Agreement (PDF)
- Skilled staff is available to assist state workers with their research – including database searches, title checks, interlibrary borrowing, document delivery, etc. Please call 916-654-0261 or email email@example.com or visit us at 900 N St., Room 100, Sacramento.
- Studies in the News – an online listing of recent studies on current topics including a special supplement on Employment and Training.
- Online Resources – newspapers, journals, statistics and e-books
- California Network of Learning Professionals' website (formerly Department Training Officers)