In the Spotlight
- The State Library will be closed Monday, February 15 for Presidents' Day.
- Sutro Library exhibit: Treasures from the Yemenite Hebraica Collection.
- California public libraries: apply for the AWE Station opportunity!
- Back by popular demand: apply for a Pitch an Idea grant!
- Press release – Special Collections Librarian Named Director of San Francisco's Sutro Library.
- Press release – Yosemite Photography Exhibit Begins at the Public Policy Institute in San Francisco.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: "San Francisco Lithographer: African American Artist Grafton Tyler Brown" by Dr. Robert Chandler, Wednesday, February 10, 2016.
- Press release – California State Library joins with Nevada and Washington to win Knight Foundation grant to increase open data access.
- Help someone learn to read. Become a literacy tutor.
- Press release – California State Library to take part in the 18th Annual Sacramento Museum Day Saturday, February 6, 2016.
- California Research Bureau of the State Library releases "Women on Corporate Boards: Increasing in California but Still Underrepresented."
- The State Library will be closed Monday, January 18 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, January 19.
- A Night at the State Library presents: Fortune to the Bold: How French Argonauts struck it rich in the Gold Rush, Wednesday, January 13, 2016.
- State Librarian suggests a New Year's Resolution that is super-easy and fun. (Video)
- The California State Library in Sacramento will be closed Thursday, December 24 at 1p.m. and all day Friday, December 25 for the Christmas holiday. It will also be closed Thursday, December 31 at 1p.m. and all day Friday January 1 for New Year's. The Sutro Library in San Francisco will be closed from December 24–January 3.
- California Research Bureau is looking for researchers to join our team.
- Early December Hours at CSL:
Wednesday, December 9 – Sacramento Reading Rooms open at 10 a.m.
Thursday, December 10 – Sacramento Reading Rooms open 9:30 a.m. to noon.
Thursday, December 10 – Sutro Library in San Francisco closed all day.
- The State Library will be closed Thursday and Friday, November 26 & 27 for Thanksgiving. All branches will reopen at their regular time on Monday, November 30.
- A Night at the State Library presents: Called to Action: California's Role in WWII, a joint program with the State Capitol Museum, Wednesday, November 18, 2015.
- New Program announced! Get a high school diploma and career skills through your library.
- The State Library will be closed Wednesday, November 11, for Veterans Day. All branches will reopen at their regular time on Thursday, November 12.
- See CSL's new exhibit on the Panama-Pacific Exposition in the Second Floor Gallery of 900 N Street.
- A Night at the State Library presents an evening with printmaker Tom Killion, October 14, 2015.
- Libraries are books and a lot more! Libraries changes lives.
– a message from the State Librarian.
- Check out our exhibit outside the Governor's office at the State Capitol.
- California Research Bureau releases report, Veterans' Discharge Paperwork: LGBT Veterans Say Change is Needed.
- View treasures from the past at the 5th annual Sacramento Archives Crawl on October 3.
- California public libraries: Apply to participate in CSL's Career Online High School Pilot Program.
- CalRocks165 – On Sept 9 California celebrates 165 years of statehood. Each day we're posting a new list of awesome reasons why California rocks.
- See what Governor Brown's new $1 million
pilot project can do!
- The Library's California Research Bureau releases Women of Color in California's Legislature.
- The California State Library will be closed Monday, September 7, for Labor Day. All branches will reopen at their regular times on Tuesday, September 8.
- The State Library is currently recruiting Library Programs Administrator, State Library Services and Supervising Librarian I, Preservation.