In the Spotlight
- The State Library will be closed Monday, July 4 for Independence Day.
- Join our Summer Reading Challenge! Win prizes! Help us get to One Million Readers. Sign up.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: Juneteenth Celebration of Freedom Reception, Thursday, June 16, at 5:30 p.m.
- Out of the Vault: Treasures from your California State Library –
New Exhibit at the California State Capitol Museum.
- California public libraries – be part of California Revealed Initiative.
- Coming soon!
New exhibit at the Capitol Museum - Out of the Vault: Treasures from your California State Library. Opens May 28.
- Need to find your polling place? Wonder what's on your ballot?
Find out what you need for the upcoming primary on the Voter's Edge.
- Prohibition in Sacramento: A Lunchtime Discussion with Local Author
- A Night at the State Library Presents: Homeless Youth – Challenges & Solutions," a talk by Shahera Hyatt,
Wednesday, May 18, 6 – 7 PM
- Follow Us on Instagram! The State Library just started an Instagram account and we need followers. Our staff will be adding photos as quickly as we can take them. Let us know what you think.
- The State Library will be closed on Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day.
- Share your love of reading:
Become a literacy tutor.
- Sutro Library Director Mattie Taormina wins research award.
- New exhibit at State Library: From Oxcarts to Airplanes: the story of transportation in California.
- The California State Library Presents: Local Historian/Author William Burg in a Noontime Discussion on Counterculture and Art in Sacramento "From the West End to Midtown", Wednesday, April 27, Noon – 1:30pm.
- California Research Bureau of the State Library releases "The Corporate Practice of Medicine in a Changing Healthcare Environment."
- Governor Brown issues proclamation declaring April 10–16 California
- A Night at the State Library presents: The Maidu Museum and Historic Site, Wednesday, April 13, 2016.
- Press release – Governor Brown Appoints Brandy Rose Buenafe to California Library Services Board.
- The State Library will be closed Thursday, March 31, for Cesar Chavez Day. Regular business hours resume on Friday, April 1.
- Press release – Author/Journalist Sasha Abramsky to speak at the California State Library, March 17 at noon.
- Reading rooms in the Library & Courts Bldg, 914 Capitol Mall, will close at 2 PM on Tuesday, March 8, for a special event. Regular hours resume on Wednesday, March 9.
- Public Forum on Immigration: Updates on immigration law, administrative relief programs. Tuesday, February 23. State Library, 914 Capitol Mall.
- The State Library will be closed Monday, February 15 for Presidents' Day.
- Sutro Library exhibit: Treasures from the Yemenite Hebraica Collection.
- California public libraries: apply for the AWE Station opportunity!
- Back by popular demand: apply for a Pitch an Idea grant!
- Press release – Special Collections Librarian Named Director of San Francisco's Sutro Library.
- Press release – Yosemite Photography Exhibit Begins at the Public Policy Institute in San Francisco.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: "San Francisco Lithographer: African American Artist Grafton Tyler Brown" by Dr. Robert Chandler, Wednesday, February 10, 2016.
- Press release – California State Library joins with Nevada and Washington to win Knight Foundation grant to increase open data access.
- Help someone learn to read. Become a literacy tutor.
- Press release – California State Library to take part in the 18th Annual Sacramento Museum Day Saturday, February 6, 2016.
- California Research Bureau of the State Library releases "Women on Corporate Boards: Increasing in California but Still Underrepresented."
- The State Library will be closed Monday, January 18 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, January 19.