- Ask A Librarian
- Apply for a CSL card online
- Braille & Talking Book Library
- CA Research Bureau Reports
- CSL Foundation
- Location and Hours
- Online Resources
- Schedule a Tour
- State Symbols
Make a Difference Volunteer
In partnership with VolunteerMatch
In the Spotlight
- New exhibit at State Library: From Oxcarts to Airplanes: the story of transportation in California.
- Sutro Library Director Mattie Taormina wins research award.
- Help us preserve our heritage. Find out how you can become a Supervising Librarian I in our Preservation Unit.
- California Research Bureau of the State Library releases "The Corporate Practice of Medicine in a Changing Healthcare Environment."
- Governor Brown issues proclamation declaring April 10–16 California Library Week.
California public libraries: apply to participate in the Harwood Public Innovators Lab for Public Libraries,
May 23-25, 2016!
- For State Government
- For the Public
- Watch Our Videos
Read Our Blog
- Current Exhibit