The following resources may be of interest to local library planners while they are planning projects:
Web Site Links:
The following links provide access to public library facility planning tools and information:
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- California Office of Historic Preservation
- Libris DESIGN
Libris Design is a public library facility planning database which allows the user to create library building programs and project cost estimates for public library building projects. Also includes a listing and photos of recently constructed library facilities.
- Recently constructed libraries in California.
- Training for Libris Design is also available on the web site.
- Library Journal Article on Libris Design
- Libris DESIGN "General Requirements for the Public Library Building"
- In addition to the database, the Libris Design web site provides access to a number of publications which can be utilized free of charge by library planners during the compilation of the "General Requirements for the Public Library Building" section of a library building program:
- "Combined School and Public Libraries: Guidelines for Decision Makers,"
Second Edition, May 1998, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- "Public and School Libraries: Issues and Options of Joint Use Facilities and Cooperative Use Agreements", Christopher Berger, California State Library. This publication is available in the California State Library Collection but is not available electronically.