State Library staff has prepared the following bibliographies
for use by potential applicants:
"Joint Use" Public/School Library Facilities:
- "Public and School Libraries: Issues and Options of Joint Use Facilities and Cooperative Use Agreements," Christopher Berger, California State Library.
Facilities Planning Selected Bibliography:
- "The Design of the Small Public Library," Rolf Myller, AIA, R.R. Bowker Company, 1966.
- "Designing and Space Planning for Libraries," Aaron & Elaine Cohen, R.R.Bowker Co., 1979.
- "Determining Your Public Library's Future Size: A Needs Assessment and Planning Model," Lee B. Brawner and Donald K. Beck, Jr., American Library Trustee Association, ALA, 1996.
- "Financing Public Library Buildings," Richard B. Hall, Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc. 1994.
- "Libraries Designed for Users: A Planning Handbook," Noland Lushington & Willis N. Mills, Jr. AIA, Gaylord Professional Publications, 1979.
- "Library Facility Siting and Location Handbook," Christine M. Koontz, Greenwood Library Management Collection, Greenwood Press, 1997.
- "Planning Library Buildings and Faculties: From Concept to Completion," Raymond M. Holt, Scarecrow Library Administration Series #9, Scarecrow Press, 1989.
- "Wisconsin Library Building Project Handbook," Raymond M. Holt, 2nd Revised Edition by Anders C. Dahlgren, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Post Office Box 7841, Madison, Wisconsin, 53707-7841,1990.
- "Countdown to a new library: managing the building project," Jeannette Woodward, Chicago: American Library Association, 2000.
- "Designing a school library media center for the future," Erikson, Rolf and Carolyn Markuson, Chicago: American Library Association, 2001.
- "Library Buildings, Equipment and the ADA," Cirillo, Susan E., editor, Chicago: American Library Association, 1996.
- "Libraries for the future: planning buildings that work," Martin, Ron G., Chicago: American Library Association, 1992.
- "Checklist of library building design considerations," Sannwald, William W., Chicago: American Library Association, 1997.
- "Planning for results: A public library transformation process," Chicago: American Library Association, 1998.