Current exhibit in the lobby
The Western Landscape Photographs of Bob Kolbrener.
A Gift to the California State Library.
Generous donations to the California State Library Foundation made possible the purchase of a portfolio of Bob Kolbrener original black and white photographs. A sample of Kolbrener's exquisite landscapes, featuring Yosemite vistas, may be seen on display in the rotunda of the California State Library Building at 900 N. Street, Sacramento. Foundation Executive Director Gary Kurutz said of Kolbrener's work:
"I have studied photographs of the great valley for close to forty years
and these are the finest I have ever seen."
- "California As We Saw It": Exploring The California Gold Rush
- Historic Posters of California
- Historic Library & Courts Building: An Exhibition of Historical Photographs and Contemporary Images.
- California STEM Women's Calendar: Online calendar of women from California history who achieved success in STEM fields.
- Stanley Mosk Library and Courts Renovation: An interactive exhibit tracking the renovation of the State Library to its original splendor.
Treasures of the California State Library
“Rich, Rare, and Curious: Treasures of the California State Library, 1850-2000” was held at the Crocker Art Museum in 2000. The exhibit catalog is available as California StateLibrary Foundation Bulletin Number 67. The issue consists of 75 pages, including several full-color illustrations describing the history and special collections of library. It can be purchased from the California State Library Foundation.