Jobs at the California State Library
When you become eligible to work for the state (when you have passed an Open Examination), or if you are a former or current state employee, you can apply for a job at the California State Library. The State Personnel Board lists these jobs for us on their website.
- Current Jobs
- Associate Personnel Analyst (PC #4030) – Human Resource Services Office and APA Duty Statement
- Associate Governmental Program Analyst (PC #2096) – Library Development Services Bureau and AGPA Duty Statement
- CEA A (PC#2147 ) – Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Bureau
- CEA A (PC#1000) – Chief of Administrative Services
- Office Assistant (General) (PC # 1102) – California History Section
- Research Program Specialist II (PC#1054, PC#2285) – California Research Bureau
- Volunteer Opportunities at the Library
Currently scheduled examinations:
For further information on employment at the California State Library, email email@example.com or call (916) 654-0202.
For general information about careers in the library field go to American Library Association. For more specific information about California library careers go to California Library Association Career Center.
- State Application (STD. 678)
- Application instructions
- California Department of Human Resources – Jobs and Employment Information
- State Civil Service Classification Specifications
- State Civil Service Pay Scales
- Open State Examinations
- Working at the CSL
It is the policy of the State and the California State Library (CSL) to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified job applicants and employees and have a workforce representative of California's diverse population. All efforts to ensure a representative workforce are made on the basis of an individual's merit, efficiency, ability, and fitness consistent with the State civil service and merit system principles and regulations.