Jobs at the California State Library
When you become eligible to work for the state (when you have passed an Open Examination), or if you are a former or current state employee, you can apply for a job at the California State Library. The State Personnel Board lists these jobs for us on their website.
- Current Jobs
- Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor) PC#TBD – Fiscal Services Section, Accounting Office – FINAL FILE DATE EXTENDED
- Associate Programmer Analyst (#1130) – Information Technology Bureau – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
- Chief of Library Development Services –CEA A– Library Development Services Bureau – DEADLINE EXTENDED
- Library Technical Assistant I (Two  Positions Available)
- Librarian (PC #2277) – State Library Service – Information Services Section
- Library Technical Assistant I (PC #2201) – State Library Services – Government Publications Section
- Library Technical Assistant I (PC #2297) – State Library Services – Government Publications Section
- Research Program Specialist II (PC#1054, PC#2285) – California Research Bureau
- Volunteer Opportunities at the Library
Currently scheduled examinations:
For further information on employment at the California State Library, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 654-0202.
For general information about careers in the library field go to American Library Association. For more specific information about California library careers go to California Library Association Career Center.
- State Application (STD. 678)
- Application instructions
- State Personnel Board – Jobs and Employment Information
- State Civil Service Classification Specifications
- State Civil Service Pay Scales
- Open State Examinations
- Working at the CSL
It is the policy of the State and the California State Library (CSL) to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified job applicants and employees and have a workforce representative of California's diverse population. All efforts to ensure a representative workforce are made on the basis of an individual's merit, efficiency, ability, and fitness consistent with the State civil service and merit system principles and regulations.