The California State Library welcomes your input in improving its website and online services.
Please take our short website survey to let us know how you use the current website, and what you would like to see in a redesigned version. Your comments and feedback will be factored into the new website's design and functionality.
Thank you very much for your time.
Contact California State Library
The California State Library staff is available to help you via telephone, mail, and email.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- California Research Bureau (916) 653-7843
- Library Development Services (916) 653-5217
- Human Resources Office (916) 654-0202
Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
- For General Information (916) 654-0261
- Braille & Talking Book Library (916) 654-0640 or
(800) 952-5666 (toll-free in California)
- California History Room (916) 654-0176
- Information Services and Government Publications Sections (916) 654-0261
- Witkin State Law Library of California (916) 654-0185
Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sutro Library (415) 469-6100
California State Library
Information Services Section
P.O. Box 942837
Sacramento, CA 94237-0001
1630 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco CA 94132
The California State Library welcomes feedback and suggestions concerning our resources, programs, and services. We are also here to help you find information.
Please fill out our Ask-A-Librarian form to let us know what we can do for you. If you would like a response from us, please be sure to fill out the contact information.
We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.